Sunday, December 13, 2009

Passenger Quarter Panel

Once I got the car back from the dip shop, I had a few surprises in store. The car had been in an accident on the passenger side and the dent repair was marginal at best. Dad picked up a repair panel for me on one of his motorcycle show trips and I set off to another adventure in welding. Once I cut into it I discovered the wheellhouse had rusted through at the bottom front of the outer wheelwell, luckily I was able to utilize a portion left over from the rear passenger wheelhouse and drop down repair. What a mess. I figured as long as I was at it I would weld up the seam between the rocker panel and the sheetmetal for a cleaner look as I am not using the rocker panel trim pieces. All in all it came out very nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment