Sunday, December 27, 2009

Roll Bar

I started the installation for the roll hoop this weekend, the first item was to set up the anchors for the top of the hoop. This is something which must be done ahead of time otherwise the headliner would get destroyed. Because this is a hoop and not a full 4 pt cage, it must be securely fastened to the frame for protection in the event of a collision. I used a set of Autoloc plates, cut a corner down to fit and installed them. I will go ahead and weld in the plate permanently next weekend. I also test fitted the hoop to ensure it would fit correctly, and it is a perfect fit. I used the Competition Engineering 3039-A - Competition Engineering Roll Bar Main Hoops, Summit Racing Part Number CEE-3039-A.  Once I get the head liner and overhead console installed, it will be fairly straightforward to install the actual hoop and the brackets to attach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment