Sunday, February 14, 2010

Carb Rebuild

I initially purchased this carb about 6 or 7 years ago, and was in the process of rebuilding it when I realized the baseplate was a disaster. Although Mustang Magazine "crows" about the expertise of Pony Carb's (who quoted me $449.50 + $60-$150 in parts),  I went ahead and sent it off to my good friends at All American Carburetors right up the road in Jacksonville. They are so nice to work with and answered all of my questions.

All I can say is WOW!! For approximately half of what Pony charges, they re-plated, re-bushed and re-built my Holley #3795 into a work of art. They even installed the replacement parts I sent along for me. And bolted it on a 351 in the shop and dialed it in. Not sure why Pony is so expensive, other than maybe passing along the advertising costs for all the articles and plugs in Mustang Monthly.

The carb is tagged C8OF-9510-C, a Holley 600 cfm 4150 series vacuum secondary with dual inlet front bowl off a 68' 390-4V with a 4 speed. Even has the original carb tag. It will go on a street driven 351W with a T-5.


No comments:

Post a Comment